Pucker Up Lemon Mini Cupcakes
My husband loves all things lemon in the dessert world. What is so funny is he hates lemon water. Isn’t that crazy. When I want to bake him something that I know he will love it is a lemon pie or these sweet little Pucker Up Lemon Mini Cupcakes. They are so simple to make and pack a punch in the flavor taste of lemon.
Ways to cook this recipe
This recipe for Pucker Up Lemon Mini Cupcakes is very versatile. You can use the recipe in the following ways.
- Mini Cupcakes Bake for 9-12 minutes
- Regular cupcakes Bake for 16-20 minutes
- loaf pan Bake for 35-40 minutes
- sheet cake Bake for 30-35 minutes (according to the depth of your pan)
- bundt cake pan Bake for 1 hour
I have had great success in each of these ways of baking this recipe. The hardest way for me to cook it is the bundt cake pan, but I think that is the baker and not the method. I have never been able to have perfect cake come out of my pan.
Ingredients for Pucker Up Lemon Batter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 7 Tablespoons of butter (I use salted butter & room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- salt (dash)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Cream together the butter and the sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Zest the lemon into the batter. Make sure you scrape out all the zest from your zester. You don’t want to leave any behind.
- Add 1/2 of the lemon juice
- Combine flour, salt & baking powder in a separate bowl and make sure all three ingredients are mixed well.
- Stir in flour mixture into the batter and mix well.
- Add milk to the mixture
According to the pan that you are using place the mixture into the pan and bake.
Pucker Up Frosting
This is probably my favorite part of the recipe. The frosting is so easy and so yummy.
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
- Remaining 1/2 of the lemon juice. (I taste and add a little extra if I want it tarter.)
Mix the two together. You can add more sugar if you want your frosting to be firm or add more liquid if you want it runny. This frosting is very easy to adjust.
Tools that I have and enjoy using while making this recipe is:
We enjoy the Mini Cupcakes the most because you get a lot of flavor in each bite. I encourage you to try these wonderful little cupcakes next time you want something zesty and sweet. You will love these.
Check out the other recipes that have been shared over the past few days as well.