Inexpensive Hostess Gifts
Gift ideas that any hostess would love
Invited to a party or a dinner and wished we all wished we had something in our hands when we rang the doorbell. A small gift to just let the host know how much you appreciate being invited and thought of. Now tell me, that is not just a southern thing, right? I am always looking for Inexpensive Hostess Gifts to have ready to give.
Taking a hostess gift is a sign of gratitude. You are showing them you are thankful for them opening their home and inviting you in. No matter the cost, size or value of the gift, the host will feel appreciated and honored to receive your gesture.
I am always looking for inexpensive hostess gifts to have in my gift closet because you never know when you are going to need a last minute hostess gift. So throughout the year, I look for items that I would love to give. Some are fun, whimsical gifts and some are practical and pretty. I kind of put them in categories as well because of the different seasons and occasions that we have. Check out some of my top gifts for a hostess.
Inexpensive Dinner Party Hostess Gifts
Dinner parties are probably one of the most common events when the holidays come around. You can customize your hostess gift based off of what the dinner party is themed. Anything from formal to casual, fiesta to an ugly sweater or even a wild wild west party. Dinner parties are always my favorite and I love taking gifts that reflect the night’s activities. Here are few ideas for you.
Who Doesn’t like the Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest for a dinner party? It is fun. Why don’t you show up and have your host a memory that they can hang on their tree for years to come. They will be able to look back and remember the fun times you had that evening.
Other great Dinner Party Hostess gift ideas are :
- Floral arrangement
- A potted plant or succulent
- Nice box of Chocolates
Creative Hostess Gifts
Some of you guys out there are so creative and the items you can whip up can’t even be bought in the stores. They are amazing. I absolutely love it when someone comes to my house and brings a hostess gift that they have made or put together.
- I love to make a loaf of bread, wrap it in a cloth napkin then tie it with twine around it. Adding a small jar of homemade jelly to the gift makes it even more special. This just seems to be something that is easy to make and everyone always loves the smell of fresh bread.
- I have started a Pinterest board that is just for Ideas for hostess gifts. Check it out and see if you find something that you love and will start sharing with your hostess.
Last Minute Hostess Gifts
Time just gets away from me so much. In one moment I know what I am going to do and then boom, the day is here and gone and I have still not taken time to get a hostess gift together. I have learned to keep a few of these items on hand to make times like this not as stressful.
- I keep a variety of tea bags on hand to wrap neatly into a teacup and saucer that I have purchased from either Dollar Tree or TJ Maxx
- Homemade thank you cards. I try to keep cards that I have either made or I have bought from an artist. A simple card is sometimes of the best hostess gifts you can give. Hostess loves them because they can read your thoughts and display the card.
- A bottle of wine or a pound of freshly roasted coffee.
- Yankee Candles. I keep small Yankee candles in my gift closet. Everyone loves candles and if you have some that are in the seasonal scents, that is even better.
Overnight Stay for your Hostess
If your host has been kind enough to extend an invitation for you to stay overnight, you might need to do a gift that is a little more significant. Not anything that would be out of your budget but something that is a little more thought-filled or specific.
- A Gift card or coupon for a dinner out. I love using Groupon and sharing my finds from Groupon with others.
- A spa basket that you have put together. It could include, special soaps, bath salts, massage oils, & lotions.
- Basket of homemade treats.
- Movie night basket. Has popcorn, soda, and candies with a gift card to rent a movie.
There are so many options that you could do for your hostess. The one thing that you need to realize when getting your hostess gift together is, no matter the size of the gift, the cost of the gift or if you made it or bought it, the host will be grateful for your kind gesture.