The holiday season is here, and it’s time to start thinking about decorating. If you’re looking for a way to celebrate without spending too much money on decorations, there are some simple things you can do that will have your house feeling festive in no time! Let’s jump into how to decorate for the holidays on a budget.
How to Decorate For The Holidays On A Budget
Christmas Decorations on a Budget
Christmas is just around the corner, and you’re probably wondering how to decorate without breaking the bank. There are tons of ways to find inexpensive Christmas decorations for your home this year!
- Table top Pinecone Christmas Trees – Bring the outside in. Look around outside and get some pinecones that you can make Table Top Christmas Trees. Pinecone Christmas trees can be elegant to whimsical, just simply on how you decorate them.
- Dried Oranges. Oranges are so easy to dry and they look amazing on garland, a wreath or even in a bowl for a centerpiece.
- Louise at Chaotically Yours has some awesome ideas for ornaments. I love the gnomes.
- Transform your pictures in your house to look like wrapped presents. Take your pictures that hang on your wall and wrap them in your favorite christmas paper. It will brighten up your walls and cost you pennies.
- Visit a Christmas tree lot and ask for their limbs that they have trimmed off of purchased trees. Usually these are free for the asking. You can use these limbs to decorate a mantel or a centerpiece. I love taking pieces from the fresh trees and place them around candles .
Where to Purchase Christmas Decorations on a Budget
I was so surprised when out shopping the other day the different options to purchase some cute & stylish Christmas decorations for a great price. I was able to pick up a few things that I am going to use on my tablescape this holiday season.
- Dollar Tree. I could not believe how much stuff the dollar tree had the other day for Christmas. Everything from gift bags to wall plaques. We purchased some treat bags as well as a large wood plaque that is in the shape of a big Christmas ornament. Did you know that you can purchase items from Dollar Tree and have them shipped to your local store? It is addictive.
- Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby puts their holiday items on sale as soon as they come out on the floor. You can find everything you need for your home at Hobby Lobby. Right now, Hobby Lobby has Christmas at 50% off.
- Goodwill. If you wait until the week after Christmas, you will be able to find some Christmas Decor at your local Goodwill. It always seems to be a lot of items donated after people start decorating for the holidays.
Decorating at Christmas can be a large expense and you have not even started to purchase gifts. Be creative. Figure out what you like to do and make it happen. Invite some friends over to help you make some Christmas decorations. This could become a yearly event for you and your friends.
Remember Christmas is a festive time that you need to slow down and enjoy your family and friends. Did you see the article for 3 Holiday Stress Tips? This might help you jump-start into having a stress-free holiday season.
Be sure to pin the image below to where others can find this post too!