Amazing Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
Welcome to day 6 of 14 Days of Valentine’s Day Sweet Treats. Are you looking for a cookie recipe that everyone will love? I think I have found my favorite cookie and it is so easy to make. These Amazing Oreo Cheesecake Cookies are just that… AMAZING. Plus they are so easy to make. As you know I am not a baker and have so much trouble baking. I usually burn everything. These Amazing Oreo Cheesecake Cookies only have 5 ingredients.
Amazing Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
These Oreo Cheesecake Cookies are so easy to make. 5 Ingredients people, and really it is ingredients that we usually have on hand. Who doesn’t keep Oreos always around the house? Double stuff is the best but for this recipe, the regular Oreos work better.
A little weird fact about me…… I love Oreos. But I only eat the insides of the Oreos. True. I twist ever so carefully to not break the cream and I peel out the cream and eat like fudge. YUM! Hopefully, someone is around to eat the cookie part, or I just put them in a bag to save for a pie crust.
Ok, I digressed, sorry. When cooking these Oreo Cheesecake tasting round pieces of heaven, you need to watch your time and your oven. It will take about 10-11 minutes to cook. When cooking my first batch, I really didn’t believe they were done because they were so soft. They are done when the edges start to get a little crispy. Believe me take them out then. The softness will be amazing when you go to eat them.
I make a large batch of these cookies because they don’t last long in our house. So if you want to start out small, just 1/2 the recipe and try your hand at this. I really think you will regret not making the full batch. I am telling you, these cookies have become a favorite.
Oreo Cheesecake Cookie Recipe
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
- 2 1/4 Cups of All purpose flour
- 1 cup of salted butter. (16 tbsp or 2 sticks)
- 20-22 Oreos (regular) broken into pieces
- Mix together the cream cheese and the butter until light and fluffy. I have a Kitchen-aid mixer and use the padded attachment. You can use your handheld mixer as well for this.
- Mix the sugar in well.
- Add the flour in 1/2 cup increments. I learned my lesson the hard way and put all of it in at the same time. Don’t do that. It doesn’t turn out well. Mix the flour until you don’t see it any longer in the batter. Don’t over mix because this will make the cookies tough.
- Fold in the broken Oreos into the batter. Use a wooden spoon or a large spoon to do this. You don’t want to break them up in your batter.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees before you are ready to bake.
- Scoop out cookie dough onto baking sheet. I use a small ice cream scoop that works great. It is about 2 tsp.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. Remember just until the edges start to brown.
- Take out of the oven and let them rest on the cookie pan for 10 minutes or so. Then you can transfer to a plate.
Tool used when baking
Here are a few tools that I use when baking this Amazing Oreo Cheesecake Cookie that I think makes the process so easy and successful. These tools are not must haves but they have proven to this non-baker to be great.
- Kitchen Aid Mixer I think this is the best mixer in all the land.
- USA Pan These pans are aluminum pans that are covered in silicon. The heat distribution is great and things cook evenly. I have the 9 x 13 pan, the loaf pan, and the large baking sheet.
- Parchment Paper, I think this is the magic part of baking cookies. I rarely burn cookies when I use parchment paper.
- Pamper Chef mini spatula. This spatula has grown in number in my drawer. I have 3 now and cherish each one. They are so easy to use and the perfect size.
If you are more of a Peanut Butter and Chocolate lover, be sure to check out my 15 Sweet & Scrumptious Chocolate Peanut Butter Desserts