We all know that the kitchen is one of the most highly trafficked rooms in your house. With so much traffic, it can be hard to keep everything clean and organized, which is why I am sharing 15 quick and easy tips for decluttering your kitchen! These simple lifestyle changes will help you get rid of the clutter once and for all while making cleaning a breeze. Just follow these tips to start seeing results in less than 15 minutes!
15 Quick and Easy Tips
1) Start by emptying your kitchen counters. Get rid of everything except for the essentials. Place the essential items back on the counter as you use them.
2) Declutter your fridge and freezer. Take out all the food, wipe down shelves, and toss old food before putting items back in their proper place to maximize space.
3) Organize the food that you do have left into categories such as snacks, fruits, vegetables, etc. This will make it easier to find what you need and put everything back in its place.
4) Create designated spaces for the items that you do use on a regular basis. This will make it easier to find what you need and keep your kitchen organized.
5) Install shelves or cabinets to store away the items that you don’t use on a regular basis. This will free up more space on your counters.
6) Install a dishwasher if you don’t have one already. This will help you keep your dishes clean and organized. If you are not able to get a dishwasher, get a drying rack that sits in your sink. This will keep your countertops clear. Make an effort to put all your clean dishes up each night.
7) Get rid of any bulky kitchen appliances that you don’t use on a regular basis. This will free up more counter space.
More Ways to Declutter Your Kitchen
8)Use drawer dividers to organize your silverware and utensils. This will keep them from becoming cluttered and make it easier to find what you need.
Keep in mind that decluttering your kitchen is a process, not a one-time event. These tips are meant to help get you started, but you’ll likely have to make some adjustments along the way. So just be patient and eventually, you’ll have a kitchen that is clean and organized!
9)Keep pots and pans in a pot rack or hang them on the wall. This will free up cabinet space.
Decluttering your kitchen even saves you money
10) Invest in some storage containers to store your food. This will help you organize your pantry and fridge. As you know, opening your pantry and fridge when it is unorganized, causes you to not want to cook and even cost you more money.
11)Clean out your cabinets and get rid of any expired food or products.
12)Throw out any dishware or kitchen gadgets that you don’t use.
13)Clean your kitchen counters and appliances on a regular basis to keep them clean and organized. Such as making sure your stand mixer is clean and all the paddles are placed inside the mixing bowl for quick and easy access.
14)Create a cleaning routine that works for you and stick to it. This will make it easier to stay organized and keep your kitchen clean.
15) If necessary, hire a cleaning service to help keep the clutter at bay. This is especially helpful if you have pets or kids in the home who can cause extra messes. Remember, even if you can do something, that doesn’t mean you have to do it. Hiring a cleaning service isn’t because you can’t do the job, you just might need to not focus on that task in your home.
15 Quick and Easy Tips for Decluttering Your Kitchen
Just start with a few and see how much of a difference they make! Not only will your kitchen be cleaner, but it will also be more organized and functional. So what are you waiting for? Start decluttering today!